Hubs have the flexibility to conduct any STEM-related activities, though the focus is expected to be on research. The following activities are directly supported by the YSJ:
- Discovering STEM
- A series of introductory sessions (seminars, activities etc) to introduce members to different fields of STEM like Artificial Intelligence, neuroscience, Bioinformatics, etc in collaboration with specialising organisations.
- Decoding STEM
- series of sessions on career and academic opportunities like science fairs, research programs, entrepreneurship, international university admissions, olympiads etc. in collaboration with specialising organizations.
- Research 101
- Research skill building workshops for conducting research, writing research papers and participating in science fairs.
- Exploring STEM
- Talks by experienced scientists and student researchers about their experience.
- reSTEM Capstone:
- Complete an original research project and write a research paper.
- Publish in the Young Scientists Journal
- Mentorship to selected original research projects.
- Recognition for best projects.
- Hub Journal
- Produce local editions of the YSJournal for your community.
- Award and recognition for best Hub Journal.
- Training in writing and editing scientific articles and research papers.
- Publication in the Young Scientists Journal for best articles.